We are replacing the pasta with fresh, vibrant courgettes (zucchini) :)))
Serves 9 large portions. Can be made in a lasagne dish, or made as individual portions on the plate. You can also spiral spaghetti, or cut thin stripes from the courgettes and create your own Spaghetti Bolognese or any other creative version of a pasta dish.
2 cups cashew nuts, soaked 4 hours or more
1 cup pine nuts
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 yellow pepper
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water as needed
- Process first the nuts, then put all ingredients together adding as little of the water as possible until a fluffy consistency is achieved.
Walnut Meat Layer
1/2 cup walnuts, soaked 1 hour or more
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, soaked for 1 hour or more
1 tablespoon dark/brown miso
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons dried sage
1 tablespoon nama shoyu/soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon agave nectar/honey
- Grind all ingredients in a food processor, leaving the mixture slightly chunky.
1 1/2 cups sun-dried tomatoes, soaked 2 hours or more
2 soft dates
2 cloves garlic
2 cups tomato, seeded and chopped
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Process in a food processor until smooth.
2 cups tightly packed basil leaves
3/4 cup pine nuts or walnuts
1/2 cup olive oil
1 clove garlic
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Process all ingredients, leaving plenty of chunkiness!
Marinated Portabello Mushrooms
Clean the Portabello Mushroom, slice and place them in a bowl
Cover the mushrooms with Soy sauce and leave in the fridge to marinate for at least 1 hour, preferably overnight
6 cups torn spinach
5 tablespoons dried oregano
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients in a bowl to marinade and wilt for 1 hour or longer, putting the covered bowl in a dehydrator will help this process but it’s not essential.
For the assembly
-5 medium courgettes (zucchini), cut lengthwise and marinated in 1 tablespoon of salt and 3 tablespoons olive oil for 10 minutes.
Pinch black pepper
- Line the base of your dish with a layer of the courgette strips that slightly overlap.
- On top of this put down a layer of the walnut meat, then the cheese, then tomato sauce and finally the pesto on top.
- Finish this with another layer of slightly overlapping courgette strips.
- Repeat step 2 but before adding the final layer of courgette, take your wilted spinach and create an additional layer with that.
- Placing the whole dish in the fridge for several hours will firm it all up slightly which will make it easier to cut into portions.
- Garnish individual portions with black pepper and a sprig of basil.
Enjoy! This is an incredibly yummy recipe, very popular amongst meat eaters :)))))
Thanks to http://therawchef.com/therawchefblog/lasagne-recipe